These crab and Gouda stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer for a holiday or special occasion, or you can use them as a keto-friendly side dish. Either way, they’ll disappear fast!
We’ll be enjoying these babies on our Father’s Day with a juicy grilled steak, braised kale with bacon, and probably a good bourbon. That sounds like a Keto Father’s Day celebration to me!
Keto Crab and Gouda Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- 24 whole baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp pasture butter divided
- 1/4 cup celery stalk minced
- 1/4 cup Onion minced
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 ounce crab meat, canned
- 3/4 cup aged gouda cheese shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup pork rinds crushed and divided
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or a light layer of olive oil.
- Clean mushrooms by gently wiping away any dirt or debris with a damp towel. Remove stems. Set mushrooms on prepared baking tray and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small skillet, saute finely minced celery and onion on medium-low until the onion starts to turn translucent. Add garlic for one minute.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab meat, spices, onion mixture, 1/2 cup of shredded Gouda and 1/2 cup of crushed pork rinds. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each mushroom cap.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in skillet and toss with remaining 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds. Mix with remaining Gouda and top each mushroom with a pat of the mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Enjoy!
Nutrition - Not laboratory tested.
If you like the recipe below, please take a moment to Rate this recipe and Share it. We work so hard on publishing these recipes, and those little acts of kindness mean the world to us.