This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
I assume that you’re here because your garden is thriving, which means that you’re swimming in cucumbers and you’re looking for a keto-friendly pickle recipe. This easy keto recipe makes the best low-carb spicy refrigerator pickles you’ve ever had.
As we all know, cucumbers are keto friendly but most American pickle recipes add sugar. This recipe is all savory goodness with no sugar and no carbs.
However, it is also pretty spicy the way the recipe is written. You can adjust the heat by cutting back on the peppers.
We enjoy these refrigerator pickles as a side dish and as a snack. They even make a great dish to take to those summer parties.
If you love this recipe, I hope you’ll share it on Pinterest or Facebook. Those shares mean the world to me.
Keto Spicy Refrigerator Pickles – A great low carb refrigerator pickle recipe.
- 6 3-4" Cucumbers
- 1 Small Onion
- 4 Medium garlic cloves
- 3 Medium Jalapenos
- 1 Medium Bananna Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Dill Seed
- 4 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) – Organic
- Remove the bloom end of the cucmbers and discard. Grandma said this helps keep the cucumbers from going limp, and who am I to argue with Grandma. I usually remove both ends because the end pieces don't make the best pickles.
- Cut the cumumbers round pickles slices about 1/4 inch thick and toss them in a larger container that will hold water.
- Slice jalapenos and bananna pepper in half length wise and then cut those slices into thin half-rounds about 1/8 inch thick. Toss this in with your cucumbers.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice off and discard the hard steam end. Then slice each garlic clover into very thin slices. Toss this in your container with the other stuff.
- Slice your onion into thin slices about 1/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch long. Toss the onions into the container too.
- Add the spices to the container with your cucumbers and everything else.
- Add the vineger and water on top of everything else. If the liquid doesn't cover the cucumbers, add additional water and vinegar to taste .
- Place lid on container and put it into your refrigerator for at least 24 hours. These spicy pickles will continue to get more flavorful for days and will be best after seven days in the refrigerator. They will easily last in your refrigator for upto a month.