Want to elevate a regular pork loin to a low carb, stuffed masterpiece? Then this recipe is for you! By butterflying the loin lengthwise, you literally open it up to all sorts of added goodness. Here, we have married onions, garlic, spinach, mushrooms and cheese for a super tender and flavorful entree. With just enough stuffing, this pork loin is low-carb, keto and Primal. Our children beg for it over and over, and we know your family will, too!
Stuffed Pork Loin
- 4.5 lbs boneless pork loin
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp pastured butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion finely diced
- 5 large garlic clove minced
- 5 ounces frozen mixed mushrooms thawed and finely diced, we love Woodstock Organic Mixed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend organic
- Prepare a baking pan by lining with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Place a roasting rack in the pan.
- Trim and butterfly the pork loin. Salt the pork generously. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the stuffing mixture.
- On stovetop in medium skillet, melt butter. Add onion and saute on low until translucent. Add garlic for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute until excess moisture is evaporated. Top with frozen spinach until thawed.
- Top pork loin with stuffing mixture, spreading evenly the whole length of the loin. Do leave about 1 ½ inches empty along the long edges as the mixture will move when you fold it together. Top with an even layer of cheese. Fold one side of pork over, with the stuffing in the middle.
- Using butcher’s twine, make a loop around several fingers and tie a knot. Place twine under one end of pork and thread the unknotted end through the loop, pulling tight. Wrap twine around pork, working toward the opposite end. Tie off the end of the twine.
- Place in roasting rack, with the open edge facing up. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- If you are making this for the Ultimate Mother’s Day Keto Dinner, this will be your starting point. Once the loin is in the oven, you’ll move on to the other menu items!
Nutrition - Not laboratory tested.
If you like the recipe below, please take a moment to Rate this recipe and Share it. We work so hard on publishing these recipes, and those little acts of kindness mean the world to us.