This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Looking for an easy, tasty, low carb holiday treat that is pretty, too?
Look no further! Our Low Carb Cranberry Cream Cheese Mini Tart is easy to throw together and presents beautifully, especially with a dollop of Keto Whipped Cream.
This will be a centerpiece for our Keto Thanksgiving and Christmas meals…now we just have to decide if we’re serving them as a keto dessert or a keto breakfast. Keto rocks!
Keto Holiday Baking
Holiday baking is fun for so many reasons. One of my favorites is the beautiful colors. Winter fruits like cranberries have such gorgeous color! Like the stunningly concentrated garnet color of our Keto Cranberry Sauce.
I wanted to use that same color in this keto dessert recipe, along with the lovely combination of cranberry and orange flavors in that sauce, to create another low carb dessert option for holiday get-togethers. These tarts are painted with color by the bits of cranberry throughout, which I love. And my kids love the flavor – and you know that means they’re good!
With these awesome silicone tart pans that I found (which I also used for the Low Carb Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe), I knew I needed to use my leftover Keto Cranberry Sauce to make a fun baked treat. Traditional tarts require a crust of some kind and usually a high-sugar filling. The crust seems like an extra, unneeded step and you know we don’t want a high-sugar filling! So I combined the pieces that I wanted and left out what I didn’t. And I think you’ll love the result!
Do you Keto Net Carbs or Total Carbs?
Depending on how you keto, these may or may not work for you. Each tart has 5 net grams of carbs, so you will need to decide whether that fits your macros or the way you Keto. For our money, if these tarts keep you out of the conventional holiday cookie sugar binge, that’s a keto win.
Keto Dessert or Keto Breakfast?
You could choose to make this keto treats in muffin tins instead. Shaped like tarts, they make a fancy dessert. Shaped like muffins, they are yummy Holiday Keto Breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. I’ve fed them to my kids for breakfast with a slather of ghee on top, and they went fast. Good stuff, and no sugar bomb to start my kids day…or your sister’s kids when they stay over during the holidays. 😉
NOTE: This recipe uses leftover Keto Cranberry Sauce.
Low Carb Cranberry Cream Cheese Mini Tart
- 1/2 cup Keto Cranberry Sauce Left Over from the Keto Cranberry Sauce Recipe Linked Above
- 1/2 cup pasture butter softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3 large pastured eggs
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioner's sweetener
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 30 minutes ahead, set out the butter and cream cheese to soften.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in one egg at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add Keto Cranberry Sauce and fold into the butter mixture by hand with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, Swerve, salt and xantham gum. Add to the butter mixture and mix gently until moist.
- Using a silicone mini tart pan, measure 1/2 cup of mixture into each mini tart.
- Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet for easy transfer into the oven. Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
ProTip: These tarts are awesome topped with a dollop of Keto Whipped Cream!