Having a craving for Mexican food but want to stay low carb? This Mexican Meatloaf Keto Recipe is just the ticket. Full of Mexican flavors from the tomatoes and green chilies, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cilantro, the taste is similar to tacos.
We’ve even taken the carbs out from inside the loaf. We don’t use bread crumbs for the binder. We use pork rinds. Because keto is awesome.
Easy Low Carb Recipe
Keto Mexican Meatloaf
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 ounce pork rinds crushed
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cilantro dried
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese shredded
- Lightly oil a baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush pork rinds in food processor. Alternatively, you can place them in a zip top bag and roll them with a rolling pin or the unopened can of tomatoes. You want the consistency to be pretty fine.
- Place the pork rinds in a large mixing bowl and add the tomatoes with green chilis, including the juice. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef, eggs, cheese and spices. Mix with your hands until everything is incorporated. If the mixture is dry and doesn’t hold it’s shape when you press it, add the beef broth.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking pan, shaping into a loaf. To make a nice, smooth top, place a little water in the empty mixing bowl. Wet your hands and lightly rub the top, smoothing out any rough spots.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes, or until the beef reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- If desired, top with additional cheese and switch your oven to broil. Place the loaf under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
- Let your meatloaf rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!