The origin of this keto bread recipe.
Based on the original dough recipe from the Fat Head movie, this Keto Garlic Bread takes it all to a whole new level!
Fat Head dough is best known for its use as a pizza crust, but it’s so versatile, you can use it in tons of ways.
We recently had a spaghetti night (gluten-free spaghetti noodles for the kiddos and zucchini noodles for my man and me!)
But what goes better with spaghetti than garlic bread?!
This is so easy to whip up, too. I actually meant to start it first but forgot. So I already had the ground beef browning with onions and the spaghetti and zucchini noodles were almost done when I realized I hadn’t started the garlic bread dough!
No worries, though. It all came together quickly and fabulously.
Low Carb Garlic Bread Recipe
Only 2 Net Carbs with 17 grams of Fat!
If you like the recipe below, please take a moment to Rate this recipe and Share it. We work so hard on publishing these recipes, and those little acts of kindness mean the world to us.
P.S. You can find more recipes like this on my Keto Pinterest Boards.
Keto Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend divided use
- 2 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 85 grams finely ground almond flour approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided use
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 large eggs pastured are best
- 1 tbsp ghee or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of cheese blend (reserving 1/2 cup for later), cream cheese, almond flour, 2 tsp garlic powder and salt. No need to stir yet. Place in microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir to combine. Return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again. Repeat 30 seconds if needed to melt all the cheese.
- Add parsley and baking powder. Stir to combine. It will be sticky and awkward, but that’s ok.
- Add the egg. It will seem like it won’t stir in at first, but don’t give up. Use a fork or a spatula and smash the egg into the mixture.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and turn the dough onto the parchment. Put another piece of parchment of top and press the dough flat. You can smooth it out and shape it how you like. I made a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Remove top parchment and discard.
- Spread the ghee across the top of the dough. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp garlic powder and remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese blend. Move dough, along with the bottom parchment paper, to a baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan and return to oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 servings.