Eggnog Keto Ice Cream that is low-carb, keto-friendly, creamy, smooth and ridiculously simple. Who could ask for anything more?
Perfect Low Carb Ice Cream for your Keto Christmas Celebrations
With the holidays upon us, I have been all about the eggnog. I love eggnog, either with alcohol or without, and my family does, too. When I made a batch of low-carb, keto eggnog recently, my kids tried it and said, “That’s like drinking ice cream!” And bam, I knew I had to make keto eggnog ice cream a reality.
You are going to love this low-carb, keto eggnog ice cream. It’s rich and creamy, right out of the churn, and incredibly easy to throw together. And it won’t get rock solid when you put it in the freezer like some low-carb ice cream recipes do. Winning!
Easy Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe
Here at Advantage Meals, we are super fans of easy eating. Easy eating happens when recipes have simple, straightforward ingredients that go together in the fastest, easiest way possible. This awesome keto eggnog ice cream is definitely fast and easy.
Check out my recipe for Easy Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream if you want to see why I went with using an ice cream churn as the easiest option. Or don’t mess with that and buy yourself a countertop ice cream churn right now. And get some ice cream salt to keep around while you’re there. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
This Low Carb Eggnog Ice Cream includes alcohol, which serves to both enhance the eggnog flavor and to keep the ice cream from crystalizing and freezing rock solid. If you don’t want to include alcohol, you can substitute MCT oil. It is flavorless, so you won’t notice it, and it also works to keep the ice cream smooth and creamy.
The traditional alcohol used in eggnog is usually some combination of rum, cognac, and bourbon. I used rum and cognac, and I love how it turned out. If you only have one of those three, it will turn out just fine. Mix and match however you like!
Like store-bought ice cream, if you store this in your freezer and your freezer gets cold enough, it will be solid and difficult to scoop straight out of the freezer. Just let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes, and it will be scoopable, creamy and delicious. I know it’s hard to wait. But it’s so worth it!
Low Carb Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream organic is best
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioner's sweetener or Keto friendly sweetener of your choice
- 2 large pastured egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg if using freshly ground, 1/4 tsp is plenty
- 2 tbsp alcohol any combination of rum, cognac or bourbon will work or substitute MCT oil
- Before you start, place the canister and the paddle from the ice cream churn in the freezer. If they are cold when you start churing, the ice cream will freeze much faster. About 15 minutes or so will do it.
- Combine heavy cream, sweeteners, egg yolks, vanilla, spices and alcohol (or MCT oil) in food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Pour the mix into the cold canister.
- Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you’re using the same model as me, here’s what I did! Place the canister in the churning bucket and attach the lid to the paddle and canister. Make sure everything is lined up correctly, then place the motor on top, turning the latches on the sides to lock it in place. Fill the bucket halfway with ice – I just used ice cubes from my freezer’s ice maker. Top with a layer of ice cream salt. Fill to the top of the canister with ice and another layer of salt. Plug the ice cream churn in and let it go to work!
- After 15 minutes, unplug the churn and check the ice cream. If it’s not the right texture yet, put the lid back on and churn again until desired consistency is reached.
- Ice cream will be the perfect soft serve texture straight out of the churn.