I think you will agree that Thanksgiving isn’t complete without Pumpkin Pie, but for those of us on a Keto Diet those holiday pies are are a no-no. Until now! This Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe is low carb and keto friendly. So if you’ve been looking for the best keto pumpkin pie recipe, your search is over.
What makes this Keto Pumpkin Pie Recipe better?
There are a number of low carb, grain free pie crust recipes out there and over the years, I’ve tried a lot of them. After all that low carb pie crust testing, what did I discover?
In general, I’m just not sure that a low carb pie crust is worth the extra work.
First of all, most grain free pie crust recipes use nuts, and I often don’t get along with nuts. I have some mild allergic reactions to them, and they absolutely mess with my female hormones.
Second, the pie crust is really just a delivery system for the pumpkin custard and whipped cream; so why mess with it?
Avoid the carbs and the hassle. Just go with the good stuff…pumpkin pie without the crust!
Single Serving Crustless Pumpkin Pie
I started, literally, with the pumpkin pie recipe on the side of a can of pumpkin. With just a few keto substitutions, we’ve got Keto Pumpkin Pie that is awesome! Only 4 net carbs per serving.
I made these single serving keto pumpkin pies in these mini silicon tart molds. I love single serving pies to help me make good choices in serving size. How about you?
Keto Alternation #1 – Alternative Sweetener
I switched out the sugar for Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener, my go-to keto-friendly sweetener. I did not try this with other options, but I would guess a granulated sweetener would work just fine, too.
Keto Alternation #2 – Alternative to Milk
The recipe I was working with also called for milk, and milk has sneaky carbs from the lactose. I opted for sour cream instead, which does still have a few carbs but significantly less than milk, and it also adds just a touch of tang which I think really adds depth to baked goods.
You are really going to enjoy these pies. As proof, my kids have already scarfed up all the single serving crustless pumpkin pies that I didn’t get stashed away in the freezer before they found them. If that’s not iron-clad proof, I don’t know what is!
Keto Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer on low, carefully begin to combine the ingredients.
- Once the Swerve and liquid ingredients have started to incorporate, turn the speed up to medium. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Prepare your baking dish(es) by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. We love single serving silicone tartlet pans (see below for the kind I use - so cute!) If you prefer to make one larger pie, you could use a standard pie pan, though the pie will be very shallow. I would double the recipe if using a pie pan. Make sure to watch your serving sizes if you are counting carbs!
- Measure out 1/2 cup servings into your tartlet pans or other baking option.
- Bake for 25 minutes for tartlet pans. The outside edge of the pie should look dry but not cracked. The middle should still jiggle a tiny bit when you move the pan. Be careful if you test it with your finger - it will still be sticky! It will continue to set after you take it out of the oven.
- Let cool completely. Serve in the tartlet pan with a dollop of Keto Whipped Cream (link below!)
Nutrition - Not laboratory tested.
If you like the recipe below, please take a moment to Rate this recipe and Share it. We work so hard on publishing these recipes, and those little acts of kindness mean the world to us.