This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
I just want an easy, filling keto breakfast that is good at home or good on the go. And I want it to be low carb, keto-friendly, and kid-approved. Can I get an amen?
What I really needed was a make-ahead Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipe that was super fast to make and that would hold it’s shape when cut into serving sizes, and that would freeze and reheat well.
That was this inspiration for this Low Carb Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole that can be easily cut into single serving keto breakfast bars for the road.
Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I’ll be honest, I started testing this recipe aiming for Keto Breakfast Egg Nests…they just look so darn cool.
With that version, I made individual servings using muffin tins. Each tin was lined with the same awesome cheesy, cauliflower crust that is used in this final recipe.
And my original version had sausage, which browned in a separate step.
And then each muffin had to be filled separately. And getting these cute little “egg nests” out of each muffin tin turned out to be a serious hassle.
Those first Keto Breakfast Egg Nests were super cute. They were low carb. They were yummy. And they were seriously too complicated to be something that I make on a regular basis.
And the cleanup of those muffin tins was a pain in the…butt.
The Easy Keto Breakfast Version Of This Low Carb Breakfast Recipe.
As you know, here at Advantage Meals I Keto Easy. I need easy.
It’s just how life is. I want good, real, keto-friendly food for my family. And I want it to be simple.
Is that too much to ask?
I don’t think so. Which is why I modified this recipe to make it much easier and faster.
No more lining individual muffin tins with the crust. No more browning sausage (although if you want to, it’s really yummy!).
No more careful prying to get each nest out without damaging it.
And no, you might not have the urge to share these at a baby shower the way you might with the cuter egg nest version. But your kids will eat them the same when they are headed out the door to school. And most days, that’s the litmus test that matters to me.
However, if you want a super cute breakfast and have the time, totally make this in muffin tins…they are so cute.
Easy Keto Breakfast Recipe Idea
Low Carb Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese divided use
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Bacon Crumbles You can fry bacon and crumble it. Or you can buy prepared real, crumbled bacon.
- 12 large pastured eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chives
- Cooking spray or butter to prepare muffin pan
- Prepare a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray. You can also use butter to grease the pan, if you prefer. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Microwave riced cauliflower according to package instructions. Combine 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, parmesan cheese, riced cauliflower, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, making a crust.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in mixing bowl.
- Spread bacon evenly on top of crust.
- Top with with egg mixture. Sprinkle with reserved ½ cup of colby jack cheese and chives.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Let cool and cut into bars or serve immediately.