Store-bought eggnog is NOT Keto-Friendly. It’s crammed full of sugar, but it’s really tasty.
That is really sad, but in our house, we don’t see problems just opportunities. That’s why we made our own Keto Friendly Eggnog Recipe which we’ve made every year for over a decade.
Now the Davis Eggnog is based upon the historical recipes for eggnog, so let’s start there.
The Origin of Eggnog
This drink was histically made in the spring as a way to preserve farm items that were not only abundent in the spring, but over abundent; eggs and fresh milk.
Our version of eggnog is designed to do the same.
Here is a link if you want to learn more about this Keto Friendly Eggnog Recipe.
Low Carb Homemade Eggnog Recipe
- 2 large pastured egg yolks
- 4 tbsp Swerve confectioner's sweetener
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg freshly grated is best
- 3 ounces liquor any combination of rum, cognac or bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream organic is best. See notes for half and half option.
- Blend all ingredients. We love the Magic Bullet!
- Pour into a glass container with a fitted lid. A mason jar works well if you are making a small batch.
- Store in your refrigerator for at least 2 days. The longer you let it age, the better the flavor will be. Don’t worry, the alcohol will ward off any potential problems. If you choose to leave out the alcohol, consume within 5 days. This is a strong cocktail, so if you'd prefer to reduce the amount of alcohol, follow the same 5 day aging precaution.
ProTip - Make extra Keto Eggnog so you can make Low Carb Eggnog Ice Cream!
Nutrition - Not laboratory tested.
We even use the left over Sugar Free Eggnog to make ice cream.