This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Store-bought eggnog is not Keto-Friendly. Commercial eggnog is full of sugar, and is not allowed on a Ketogenic Diet. However, you can make your own low-carb eggnog that is keto friendly.
In our house, we don’t see problems just opportunities. That’s why we made our own Keto Friendly Eggnog Recipe which we’ve made every year for over a decade.
Now the Davis Eggnog is based upon the historical recipes for eggnog, so let’s start there.
The Origin of Eggnog
This drink was historically made in the spring as a way to preserve farm items that were not only abundant in the spring but overabundant; eggs and fresh milk.
Our version of eggnog is designed to do the same.
Here is a link if you want to learn more about this Keto Friendly Eggnog Recipe.
My Keto Friendly Eggnog Recipe
Low Carb Homemade Eggnog Recipe
- 2 large pastured egg yolks
- 4 tbsp Swerve confectioner's sweetener
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg freshly grated is best
- 3 ounces liquor any combination of rum, cognac or bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream organic is best. See notes for half and half option.
- Blend all ingredients. We love the Magic Bullet!
- Pour into a glass container with a fitted lid. A mason jar works well if you are making a small batch.
- Store in your refrigerator for at least 2 days. The longer you let it age, the better the flavor will be. Don’t worry, the alcohol will ward off any potential problems. If you choose to leave out the alcohol, consume within 5 days. This is a strong cocktail, so if you’d prefer to reduce the amount of alcohol, follow the same 5 day aging precaution.
ProTip – Make extra Keto Eggnog so you can make Low Carb Eggnog Ice Cream!